National living wage increase
The government has today announced the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage (NMW) rates which will come into force from April 2021. What are they?
The NLW will increase by 2.2% from £8.72 to £8.91 per hour. For the first time it will cover those aged 23 and 24.
Here are the rates per hour in full, applicable from 1 April 2021:
- Workers aged 23 and over £8.91
- Workers aged 21-22 inclusive £8.36
- Workers aged 18-20 inclusive £6.56
- Workers aged 16 and 17 if they have ceased to be of compulsory school age £4.62
- Apprentices under 19 or aged 19 and over but in the first twelve months of their apprenticeship £4.30
- Accommodation offset £8.36 per day
If you would like assistance with your payroll, please contact us to find out what we can offer.