Personal Tax Accounts 'First Birthday'
The government are celebrating the 'first birthday' of their award winning Personal Tax Account which recently won Digital Project of the Year at the annual UK IT Industry Awards
HMRC have announced that in its first year, the Personal Tax Account has attracted more than seven million users and there have been millions of transactions including:
- 1.6 million Income Tax repayments, worth more than £800 million
- 1 million tax credit renewals
- 100,000 people checking or updating their company car details
- 1.6 million people checking their tax estimate
- 2 million people checking their state pensions.
The press release also states that the Personal Tax Account is designed to be one stop shop for all customer interactions with HMRC and taxpayers using it can:
- check their state pension
- complete and return a Self Assessment tax return
- update tax credits circumstances as they change throughout the year to prevent under and overpayments
- claim an Income Tax refund that will be paid straight into their bank account
- check and update their Marriage Allowance.
If you would like advice on your personal tax affairs please contact us.
Internet link: GOV.UK news